Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Silver City, Utah

A couple of weeks ago we were hanging around the house . . . being bored . . . so we decided to take a drive. On our way to the old mining town, Eureka, I looked up other ghost towns in the area. We kept travelling through Eureka and found a little place called Silver City. There was a massive foundation there that I later discovered was once a power plant. It was so very interesting, and only about an hour's drive from where we live. It was fun getting out of the house and wandering around a place that once thrived.

Please see the links I've attached. They show pictures of the place we visited. I wish I would have gotten more pictures of our family running around the old power plant foundation - scratching our heads trying to figure out what it used to be!

0 comments: