Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dry Socket

I thought everything was going great with my wisdom tooth being pulled. . . boy, was I wrong!

I developed dry socket almost immediately, and I've been suffering for nine days now. The doctor has packed it with clove oil gauze (which he removed yesterday), numbed my mouth, put me on an antibiotic, numbed half of my face for half the day so it wasn't so painful, put me on Lortab (hydrocodone) and 800 mg of ibuprofen three times a day. This is a nightmare. Last night was the worst night, so far. I took one of Brady's super strength Percocet (oxycodone) and it only kinda pushed the pain to the background, somewhat, but it never fully subsided. I took four iboprofen and two Tylenol PM's after flushing my socket and waited for the pain to go away so I could sleep. I woke up pain free, but it has returned, as expected. I wish this week of pain was over.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I didn't know that there can be something really worse than what I read earlier about tooth extraction. Those dentists in Murfreesboro, TN that my cousin recommended to me last holiday will be doing some surgeries on me this summer 'coz it's giving me pain for the past months.