Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BEWARE: THE FORMER HOMEOWNER

The strangest thing has now happened to me . . . TWICE! Friday this girl and her friend (WHAT WERE THEIR NAMES?!) came over while Brady and I were trying to leave for work and blew through the house to see how it had been remodeled. S - T - R - A - N - G - E . . . and then yesterday, this GUY shows up telling me my lawn needed to be aerated. He added (within the same breadth) that he used to live in our house and asked if he could come in to see how it looked. He stayed for like HALF AN HOUR talking to my kids, walking around and watching me cook apple cobbler. At church on Sunday, my neighbor said their mother died from a drug overdose years ago and - feeling sorry for him - I told him he could come today to aerate. Brady thought it was fine . . . an unusual reaction for my husband . . . and when I get home our lawn will be aerated with a bill on our door. Even more weird: this guy's name is Will who called my cell phone four days after we moved in the house asking WAY BACK THEN if he could walk through our house. He'd gotten my number from our dog run for sale in our front yard. I don't know how to feel about this other than CRAZED! I'm pretty sure "the sister" won't be back but Will acted like he was right at home. I hope he doesn't attempt to make his visits a habit. YIKES!

1 comments:

CaraNathan said...

I would tell them NO. People are nuts.